Weekend trip to Eisenach, Erfurt and Eisleben
The Weekend trip from 5th to 6th of August 2017 will be provided by Christian Tours Europe. The trip can only be booked during the registration process of the congress.
Tour route Reisebeschreibung
Saturday, August 5, 2017
7.00 a.m. depart Wittenberg for Eisenach, where we will visit the Bach House Museum and hear a mini-concert on period instruments. After some free time for lunch, we will tour the Wartburg Castle, where Luther disguised himself as a squire named “Junker Jörg” and hid away for ten months because he had been declared an outlaw by the Edict of Worms. Here Luther completed one of his most important works—the translation of the New Testament into German. On our private guided tour of the castle, we will also see the room where Luther lived and worked on his translation. Afterwards, continue to Erfurt and follow again the footsteps of Martin Luther. We will see the University district, where Luther studied, and visit St. Mary’s Cathedral, where he was ordained. A tour of the Augustinian Monastery, where Luther took his monastic vows and lived as a monk, will follow. Check in and dinner at the former Augustinian Monastery.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
After breakfast we will join the congregation for worship at the Monastery and then travel to Eisleben. After lunch, on our own, we have a guided tour. His birth home is typical of the Middle Ages. An exhibition interprets the spiritual environment of Luther’s childhood. We will visit St. Peter and Paul, where Luther was baptized in the tower. This visit will help us understand baptism as the foundation of Luther’s faith and theology. The late medieval residence where Luther died is preserved nearby. Our tour includes a stop at St. Andrews, where Luther gave his last four sermons. Return to Wittenberg is planned for approx. 6 or 7 p.m.
The rate per paid participant for the land arrangement is
Euro 180.00 in a double room
Euro 200.00 in a single room
- Thoroughly experienced multilingual tour director from Wittenberg to Wittenberg.
- Transportation in 4- star European-styled motor coaches with climate control, reclining seats, restroom, sink and refrigerator.
- Accommodations at Monastery in Erfurt in double or single rooms.
- Taxes, parking and road fees.
- Visits and guided tours in Eisenach, Erfurt and Eisleben.
- Entrance fee to the Luther houses and both churches in Eisleben.
- Entrance fee to the Bach House in Eisenach.
- Entrance fee and guided tour of Wartburg castle.
- Entrance fee to the Luther exhibition at Augustinian Monastery.
- Sightseeing and excursions as cited in the program.
- 2 meals: buffet breakfasts and dinner (beverages are not included)
- All necessary tips such as bellman, maid, doormen, and dining room tips for meals specified in the itinerary are included.
Airfare, expenses for passports, visas, beverages, bar bills, telephone calls, laundry or items of a personal nature, baggage or other insurance, meals other than those included in the itinerary, tips for beverages and drinks. The customary gratuity to escorts, drivers, and step-on guides is included.
Payment, cancellation, terms and conditions:
• Full payment is due by four weeks prior.
• The entire tour, a portion of it, or individual tour members may be cancelled without a fee up to ten weeks prior to departure. A 20% fee is required for cancellation made ten to eight weeks prior to departure, a 40% fee is required for cancellation made eight to four weeks prior to departure. A 70% fee is required for cancellation made less than four weeks to one week prior to departure. No refund for cancellation made less than one week prior to departure or no-show. Group rates are subject to change if size of group varies due to cancellation
• Airfares are not included.
• Booking party is responsible for all visa, health and passport regulations.
• Participants are encouraged to purchase trip insurance to cover health, trip cancellation and loss of baggage.
• Participants should be able to climb stairs (sometimes many) without assistance and to walk at a modest pace for a mile at a time.
• Notification of double/single occupancy and the names of the participants should be received 10 weeks in advance.
• All rates are net without commission and in Euro.
• Rates are applicable for 2017.
• In the event that any dispute arises on which any party has a right to assert a civil claim related to this tour agreement, the exclusive jurisdiction for that claim shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction, located in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany.
13. Internationaler Kongress für Lutherforschung
30. Juli bis 4. August 2017
⇒ Wochenendreise | Weekend trip