General Terms and Conditions
for Registration at the international, interdisciplinary congress “Cultural Impact of the Reformation” (7 – 11 August 2017) and for the mediation of services within the Framework of the congress
1) Registration and fees
The congress is hosted by Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg in thematic cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the University of Leipzig and the LEUCOREA Foundation. The congress is taking place at the LEUCOREA Foundation. Address: Stiftung LEUCOREA, Collegienstraße 62, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration for the congress can be made either online (https://leucorea.de/kongresse-2017/cultural-impacts/registration/) or by posting or faxing a printout of the pdf-registration-form. Upon payment of the congress fee (100,- €; discounts see below) you will receive a congress card.
Speakers and leaders of the sections are exempted from the congress fee.
The registration as a speaker will only be possible from 1st of February 2017.
Until 31st of January 2017 only mere participants (no presentation pp.) can register to the congress.
Continuation tickets (100,- €; discounts see below) an day tickets (30,- €, reduced 15,- €) can be booked.
Online registration is possible until 30 June 2017. From 1 July 2017 registration fees must be paid in cash at the congress office.
A reduction of 50% of the congress fee can receive:
Graduates resp. Doctoral students, Post-Docs, retirees, pensioners. Please present an enrolment certificate at congress office.
The form of your proof depends on your academic status. In case of doubt the congress bureau gives information (email@example.com).
A reduction of 100% of the congress fee can receive:
Students presenting the actual and valid enrolment certificate for summer semester 2017.
Changes and cancellations can only be made by post or e-mail for a fee of 20,00 €. Full reimbursement is only possible until 30 June 2017.
2) Booking of events of the Framework Program provided by the host
a) Concert tickets for the Concert of 9th of August 2017
Booking of tickets for the concert must be made together with the congress registration. The entrance to the concert is 10,00 € per person (reduced 5,- €, reductions see A.1). In the case that the contingents are booked out a waiting list will be provided. An entry in a waiting list is not an entitlement to tickets for the concert.
Ticket cancellations are only possible prior to the beginning of the congress. Cancellations should be made per e-mail to the congress office.
b) Tickets for the receptions and the barbecue evening
Booking of tickets for the receptions and the barbecue must be made together with the congress registration. Please do only register for free events, if you are really interested in taking part.
c) The tickets for events a) and b) will be distributed during the congress by the congress organizers.
B: PROCUREMENT OF EVENTS OF THE FRAMEWORK PROGRAM
1) In the case of certain events comprising the Framework Program (Weekend Trip), the host is solely the procurer of the services of other providers and therefore procures contracts in the name and on account of the provider. The procured contracts can be subject to the AGB of the provider. The host has no influence on contracts between providers and participants and so acts without engagement.
2) Procured Weekend Trip from 5 to 6 August 2017
The weekend trip from 5 to 6 of August 2017 will be provided by Christian Tours Europe.
The weekend trip is a program running before, during and after the congress and will also be used by the 13th International congress of Luther research.
The weekend trip will only take place if at least 40 participants have lodged their booking by 15 May 2017. Should the minimum attendance fail to be reached, the provider is within their rights to renege on the contract. In the case that the contingents are booked out, no entitlement for the procurement of further tickets exists. In the case that the weekend trip cannot take place, the charge paid in advance will be refunded.
In the case that the contingents are booked out a waiting list will be provided. An entry in a waiting list is not an entitlement to tickets for the weekend trip.
Cancellation possibilities and other regulations:
- The entire tour, a portion of it, or individual tour members may be cancelled without a fee up to ten weeks prior to departure. A 20% fee is required for cancellation made ten to eight weeks prior to departure, a 40% fee is required for cancellation made eight to four weeks prior to departure. A 70% fee is required for cancellation made less than four weeks to one week prior to departure. No refund for cancellation made less than one week prior to departure or no-show. Group rates are subject to change if size of group varies due to cancellation
- Airfares are not included.
- Booking party is responsible for all visa, health and passport regulations.
- Participants are encouraged to purchase trip insurance to cover health, trip cancellation and loss of baggage.
- Participants should be able to climb stairs (sometimes many) without assistance and to walk at a modest pace for a mile at a time.
- Notification of double/single occupancy and the names of the participants should be received 10 weeks in advance.
- All rates are net without commission and in Euro.
- Rates are applicable for 2017.
- In the event that any dispute arises on which any party has a right to assert a civil claim related to this tour agreement, the exclusive jurisdiction for that claim shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction, located in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany.
Notice of Responsibility:
Please read carefully.
I have read and understand this entire document and agree to the General Information, including the Terms and Conditions therein. I understand that the tour operator for this trip is Christian Tours Europe (“CTE”). Stiftung Luthergedenkstätten in Sachsen-Anhalt and Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg do not own or operate any of the firms or vendors that are expected to or will provide goods or services for this trip. Those firms include, but are not limited to: CTE; any hotels or other lodging establishments; sightseeing attractions; air, land or water transportation companies; and restaurants or other eating establishments. As a result, Stiftung Luthergedenkstätten in Sachsen-Anhalt and Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg are not responsible for any death, injury of any sort, loss of property, delay or inconvenience occasioned by any negligent or willful act or omission of any such firm or vendor. In addition, the Stiftung Luthergedenkstätten in Sachsen-Anhalt and Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg are not responsible for any death, injury of any sort, loss of property, delay or inconvenience occasioned by force majeure or other acts of God, acts of government, acts of war, labor discord, criminal or terrorist conduct, or for any other act, action or inaction, whether negligent or otherwise, by any entity which they do not own or operate. I understand and accept that this trip is operated exclusively under German Law. I also understand and accept the conditions under which the trip will be conducted, particularly those which apply to flights, health, payments, refund policy, insurance and participant’s responsibilities.
The sale of this trip to you is specifically conditioned on your agreeing to these terms and conditions.
3) Hotel / Rooms (Accomodation)
All participants are personally responsible for the organisation of their accommodation.
The host only provides informations to accommodation possibilities (https://leucorea.de/kongresse-2017/cultural-impacts/registration/). The plenary speakers and the leaders of the sections are an exception and will be informed by the congress organisation directly.
1) Once you have completed the online registration or, alternatively, submitted the PDF registration form by mail, you will be sent an invoice which is to be paid immediately. Registration is only valid upon full receipt of payment.
2) Registrations after 30 June 2017 can only be paid by cash at the congress office.
The congress office can only accept cash payment (no credit card or EC-card payment possible).
D: CALENDAR OF EVENTS
The host reserves the right to postpone or to cancel individual events (symposiums and free sections) in deviation of the calendar of events that has been given on all form of congress program. No liability will be taken for any damages suffered by a congress participant resulting from such a postponement or cancellation.
E: USE OF CONGRESS DOCUMENTS
Presentations and congress documents are liable to the German Copyright Act. Rights of use will be transferred exclusively by explicit granting of the right of use in writing.
The contractual and tortious liability of the host is limited to damages of culpable injury of life, body or health and other deliberately or grossly negligently induced damages, and for the rest excluded, except if a liability essential to the contract is broken.
Participants are asked not to leave articles of value or other important material in congress rooms but for everyones own risk.
Regarding procured services for other providers, the host shall not be liable for successful procuration of arrangements and performances concerning the cultural program, or for accommodation, nor for the actual and faultless supply of the service.
Participants are responsible for all matters of visa and passport, health and travel insurances. A health and travel insurance is recommended.
G: JURISDICTION, PLACE OF FULFILMENT, CHOICE OF LAW
Jurisdiction and place of fulfilment is Halle/Saale. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is exclusively applicable.
H: JUDICIAL LIABILITY
Only the German version of the General Terms and Conditions of the congress is judicially liable. The English version is merely a service and has no judicial effect.
I: SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
Should regulations of these terms and conditions be or become legally void, the other terms and conditions and the contract keep valid.